easy question to answer

kernel: 2.2.9
gnome: 1.0.9
modemlights_applet 1.0.2

I want to change just a couple of configuration items in GNOME but
cannot find where to make the the changes in the GUI configuration tools
provided -- I know they are there and I just missed them.

1) I want to change the window border colors.  Basic, but where do I
change it at?  Is it still a manual change -- .Xdefaults?

2) I turned on sloppy focus -- I am obviously nuts -- but I cannot find
how to change the affect the mouse buttons have on raising the window.
I want the middle mouse to always raise the window.  I am suprised to
find that clicking on the border is different than clicking on the title
bar -- the bar raises the window and the border does nothing.

So, where do I find the configuration panels for contolling these items.

Thanks in advance for all and any help.

Al Niessner