Re: UI considerations

On Wed, Aug 11, 1999 at 01:24:40AM -0400, John Ellis wrote:

> >Perhaps there's room for something else though: what about a window
> >that shows all of the applications and things from the menus (with
> >icons), and lets me drag them onto a panel?  That would be more
> >convenient.
>
> Run the menu editor, from there you can middle drag menus to the panel.

You can drag straight from the foot menu and launchers onto panels, can't
you? Providing it's a launcher, or something like that that can actually go
onto the panel, anyway.

Out of interest, is there a way of bringing up foot/launcher menus via some
sort of command / CORBA thingy to the panel? Another thing I've just noticed
while fiddling is that keyboard scrolling through the menu items highlights
menu titles and horizontal separators - are there plans to make keyboard
control skip these (which you can't usefully select anyway)?

James

  James Aylett                                           www.zap.uk.eu.org
  james@tartarus.org                                    www.footlights.org