Memory debugger for Linux

Many people have asked on this list about memory debuggers and
leak detectors for Linux.  I want to let people know that we have
released a beta of our Great Circle memory debugger for Linux.
Great Circle works in both deployment mode (your program is
automatically garbage collected at run time) and debug mode,
where, for example, memory leaks are identified by file and line
number.

The beta works with both single threaded applications and
multithreaded applications (using linuxthreads).  Officially,
the beta is for RedHat 5.2.   However, this Great Circle
beta should also work on RedHat 6.0 for nonthreaded programs.
(And, as usual, on other distributions of Linux.)

During development of this beta I have routinely tested it with
gnome/Enlightenment programs, and many of them have
memory leaks.  (In fact, most significant programs anywhere
have some memory leaks.)  Occasionally, I have emailed lists
of these leaks to gnome/E developers, but now that our beta is
out, developers have access to the full suite of Great Circle tools.

Please contact Neil Shaw (nbs@geodesic.com) to request a free
copy of the Great Circle for Linux beta, or visit our website at
http://www.geodesic.com.

John Hoebing
jlh@geodesic.com
http://www.geodesic.com