Re: uncooporative applets

On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 05:46:49AM -0700, Jason Coposky wrote:

> ** CRITICAL **: file applet-widget.c: line 662
> (gnome_panel_applet_corba_init): assertion
> `panel_client != ((void *)0)) failed.
>
> ---
> this error occurs for all of the applets i try,
> which means to me that the applets cant talk to
> the panel. any suggestions?  ive been digging
> thru the ML archives cause this error sounds
> familiar, but havnt had a ton of luck.  will
> keep looking tho.

I am seeing exactly the same problem.  For me, this
happened after "upgrading" to the latest and greatest
packages (including ORBit-0.4.92).  This is using RH6.0,
plus RPMs compiled from the RHAD .src.rpm files.

Could somebody knowledgeable please point out if this
is (1) a stupid user error, or (2) a bug that needs to
be submitted to bugs.gnome.org?

Thanks in advance,

Zach

--
"Cleverness kills wisdom"
  -- G. K. Chesterton, "What's Wrong With The World"