Re: gmc spawning question.

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> >  anyways, my question - is there a way to spawn a gmc window from the
> >  command line without opening a new copy of gmc?  If you type "gmc
> >  <directory>", it seems to spwan a new version which tries to control the
> >  desktop etc.
>
> This should not happen.  When you run GMC for the first time, it sets
> up a CORBA server for itself.  When you try to run it again, it first
> tries to contact the existing server and asks it to open a new window,
> and the new process terminates.

I'll try and get some debug info for you, but first let me make sure I am
really seeing a problem.  How can I be sure that there are two seperate
procceses (I assumed there were because it complaigned of someone already
controlling the desktop (that and it added another gmc to the ps list)) do
these things really mean that there are two processes?

thanks
-chris

Christopher Rogers      http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf
gandalf@pobox.com       gandalf@darkcorner.net