Um, hello;-}

Hello again everyone,

I submitted a question a few days ago regarding a problem I'm having
with building gnome-libs-1.0.10.  Here is part of the message I sent:

I have been trying to build gnome-libs-1.0.10 forever now and here is my

most recent problem.  I am running the ./configure script and things are

going nicely except that it can't find file's for ESD and AUDIOFILE,
then
I get many many lines like the following:

creating ./config.status
creating gnome-bug
sed: file conftest.s2 line 50: Unterminated `s' command
creating gnome-config
sed: file conftest.s2 line 50: Unterminated `s' command

but the script continues and runs to completion.
make then doesn't find any targets, I'm assuming because every Makefile
has 0 size.

I could really use some help on this one as I don't have the first clue
what I would put in my own sed file to pass to configure, nor would I
know
how to go about editing a file that gets created by the configure
script.

I got one response in regards to the esd and audiofile (Thank you Kevin)
but a grand total of 0 concerning the main problem I'm having, the sed
failure.  I refuse
to believe that nobody out there know's what the configure script that
comes with the gnome-libs sources does.  After all someone had to throw
it together in order for it to be included.
So please if anyone out there is even so much as looking into what the
problem could be, let me know.

Thanks again,
Cliff

PS:  Has anyone else out there taken over a month just trying to get
gnome running?