Re: [Suggestion] Formatting in GMC

This idea doesn't seem that far fetched to me.  Seems like formatting a
floppy disk would be a task a "normal" user might expect the file
manager to do.  It doesn't mean you have to kill the modular structure
of unix -- just include a menu that would call fdformat or whatever.
Whether the user has to be root or just a member of the floppy group in
order to create the filesystem on the floppy disk can be left up to the
distribution/sysadmin.

-Rob