Re: Icon suggestion

Warren Young writes:
 > Having created some vector graphics in my time, I can tell you that
 > vector graphics aren't the right tool for the job unless you're willing
 > to put a _lot_ of work into them and are willing to put up with
 > _loooong_ render times as the images are rasterized 2 or 3 times larger
 > than the target canvas and then downsampled for smoothness.  Not to
 > mention that the resulting files will probably be a lot larger for all
 > but the simplest images, and you'll probably want to cache the generated
 > .png images anyway.

Just to clarify, not disagree: I had meant that the vector graphics
would be used to generate a theme of pixmaps, once.  As you say,
rasterized 2 or 3 times larger, then downsampled.  Just to create a
starting point of standard icons to fill out one's theme of pixmaps,
to save drawing the same shape again and again.