Re: Enlightenment appearance on FreeBSD vs. RedHat

Jim:

I guess I understand. In E - the only think that a theme changes is the window borders and their behavior. If I want different background images and icon sets I have to set those individually. I think I was expecting themes to operate similar to they way they do in WindowMaker. I've read that E is the most themeable window manager, just takes some work to set it up.

Thanks,
Kevin

"James M. Cape" wrote:

Kevin der Kinderen wrote:

> This may be a strange follow-on question - but can Enlightenment stand
> alone? Without gnome? I think I'm having conflicts between gnome
> themes and enlightenment themes and am curious how themes work in a
> gnome-less enlightenment. (RH6).
>
> BTW: issue with themes is that enlightenment themes don't seem to do
> anything at all except change window borders. Backgrounds, icons and
> all stay the same - never like the etheme screenshots.
>
> Kevin

Yes, it is possible to run Enlightenment without GNOME, although there
is no benefit to doing so (aside from a minor saving of memory). If you
want your apps to match your E theme, you still have to configure the
GTK+ Themes via the Theme Selector.

The icons are part of the GNOME Midnight Commander File manager, and are
separate from E. The kewl screenshots come about because the user goes
through the trouble of backing-up and replacing the default GNOME icons
with new ones.

To choose a background, download one and put it in
~/.enlightenment/backgrounds, then restart E.

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
     pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
        -- Winston Churchill

--
        FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq