Re: gnomecc problem
- From: "James M. Cape" <jcape jcinteractive com>
- To: James Henstridge <james daa com au>
- CC: areynolds geocities com, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: gnomecc problem
- Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 01:00:33 -0500
James Henstridge wrote:
> I should note that backtraces on stripped binaries are not particularly
> useful compared to backtraces from binaries with debugging information
> included. With stripped binaries, you just get meaningless memory
> offsets, while with debugging information, you get function names and
> parameter values.
> To give the appropriate developer the maximum information, it would be
> best if you could compile gnomecc with debugging information and make it
Is RedHat shipping stripped binaries? If so, I would recommend to them
that they do not.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
-- Winston Churchill
] [Thread Prev