Re: gnomecc problem

alanr@stateind.com wrote:

> I have been trying to update my GNOME packages from what shipped with RH6 to the latest and greatest. Everything seems to be working okay expect gnomecc. It will not run. When I try to run it from a terminal window I either hang the terminal session or get "Segmentation Fault (core dumped)" messages. The binary itself seems okay because I can issue a "gnomecc --help" and get help messages and "gnomecc --version" yields "Gnome desktop-manager 1.0.5." Any suggestions?
>
> TIA,
> Alan Reynolds
> areynolds@geocities.com

Run

gdb /usr/bin/gnomecc

Then, from inside gdb, run

r --sync

Then, when it crashes, type

bt

then send a new e-mail message to <submit@bugs.gnome.org>, with a
subject describing this, and the first two lines of the message being:

Package: control-center
Version: 1.0.5 (RH6)

Then follow these two lines up with a description of your system, and
the output of the commands you typed above.

This will submit a bug report to the package maintainer for gnomecc.

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
     pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
        -- Winston Churchill