Re: GNOME Usability Improvements - Fix the window manager!

Even though I'm a long-time Mac user, I'd have to agree with James in that it
isn't logical at all to drag a disk to the trash to eject.  It would make more
sense if performing that operation would bring up a dialog window asking if
you wish to reformat the disk and give you options as to what type of file
system you would like to format it with (FAT32, HFS, EXT2, etc).  Is anyone
attempting to make this happen?  I think it would be a pretty useful feature,
although maybe I'm alone on this.

I would like to see gnome go the way of Mac as far as auto-mounting disks.  I
love the fact that when you put a disk in on the Mac, an icon pops up on the
desktop and the icon can be clicked on and used.  If there is no disk in the
drive, there isn't an icon on the desktop.  When I started using Windows, I
couldn't believe how stupid the computer was!  It had no idea whether the disk
was installed or not, and file system browser is constantly displaying the
floppy and CD-ROM drives even when there is no disk in them.  What good does
it do to have an icon of a drive that has no disk in it?