Re: Talking to a wall? (tactless, yet rude:)

Jacob Berkman <jberkman@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

>> > This did not work for me.  The padding seems to only be between applets,
>> > and not the border around the panel.
>>
>> What window manager are you using? Maybe it's a window manager-specific
>> issue as to what border gets shown.
>>
>> icewm,
>
>Tried with Blackbox and twm; neither work.

Under icewm, I notice the default panel has a border. But if I set the
background to a pixmap, the border disappears, moving the buttons to the edge
of the desktop. Perhaps this is why people are seeing different things?

-John
--
John Ellis <johne@bellatlantic.net>
http://gqview.netpedia.net