Re: Call for constructive user criticism.

>    1. A team of *users* that would tell us what they would like to see
>       in GNOME:
>
>       a. To make the interface easier.

  Although it's mostly an E related feedback:
    - Resizing windows by simple click and drag can only be done at the
      bottom corners, this is rather disturbing since all other WM I know
      alllow this on all corners (this could be a setting option problem,
      I'm using the default RH-6.0 setup).

    - the pager applet doesn't allow to move windows. Not being able to
      quickly move a window from one of the virtual screen to another
      is one of the major pain in my daily use of gnome. Usual interface
      would be left button click and drag. If the drag extend over the
      pager area, moving the window onto the current virtual screen would
      be bonus !
      (As a side - non interface - note, the pager has been leaking mem
       a lot for me. I had to kill it a couple of time when its size went
       over 70Megs !)

>       b. To make it more intuitive to people.
>       c. To make the system more consistent.
>       d. To make the system "nicer".

  Another E related feedback:
    - The remember state kicks ass ! But I would like the option of
      being able to also remember the virtual screen. For example I
      like my xchat to be in screen #5, I would like E to be able to
      remember that too :-)

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel: +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | Linux, WWW, rpmfind,