Re: /etc/hosts

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Terry Shull wrote:

> Sometime ago there was a posting to this list on what to put in
> /etc/hosts. I've lost the posting and can't find any information on it.
> Could someone repost or send direct.
>
> Thanks

You can download my hosttable editor: ghost_edit, at:

http://members.tripod.com/~jonathanbrisbin/ghost_edit/

It automatically loads /etc/hosts by default.

It reads the host file, and supports the following format:

0.0.0.0		host.domain.com host

The first entry is the IP number, the second (tab or space-delimited) is
the actual hostname, and the third is the alias (so you can type linux
instead of linux.domain.com, for example)...

Hope this helps!

P.S.-  Looking for user input on my ghost_edit program, too...  Comments
welcome!

Jon