GNOME WM (GNOME User Interface related)

I think Dr. Mike hit this right on. There really should be a GNOME Window
Manager in my opinion. Wait, listen. Not an OFFICIAL GNOME Window Manager,
just one that would tie in "perfectly" with GNOME. One that is designed
specifically for GNOME and around it.
This would provide several advantages, first of all, it would simplify the
lives of all those "newbie" linux users (all those windows converts).
Second of all, it would /STILL/ allow all us advanced users out there to
still use the window manager of our choice.
But, Michael Fulbright is right, we need the GNOME-WM specification /FIRST/
then everything should fall into place. Is there any chance we can have a
'status-report' from that list on what progress they have made, whats left,
and how long it will be expected to take?