small desktop menu suggestion

Hi there,

1) right clicking on the desktop brings up a menu; can a "properties"
item to added that would start control center?  The "configure
background image" starts control center, but I think it might be more
intuitive to have a "properties" item, then the user can do
right-click->properties->configure-background-image, or
right-click->properties->configure-screensaver, or
right-click->properties->configure-mime, or etc...

2)The "User Interface Options" capplet in control-center is very, very
slow to load on my machine (p350, RH6.0, gnome-lib 1.0.12, gnome-core
1.0.9).  It runs fine, but it just takes about 20+ secs to appear after
being selected.  Can control center include something to say a capplet
is loading (progress bar, text message, etc.)?

thanks,
bye,

Kervin