Re: Panel Idea(Patch is here)

It's been a while since I've been able to check
my EMAIL, but I do have my panel up and running
with netscape bookmarks off the little foot. :)

Is there anything going on with the idea of adding
a plugin mechanism to the panel? (I heard this
talked about before.)

I still think, that it was a good idea to do this
in an applett, but since several people asked about
this patch, I thought I might as well post it.

It can currently be found at my web page:
	http://amccall.freeservers.com

Note: it is a .gz file, and you need to make sure
that if your downloading it with netscape, you add
the gz ending.

This patch is against gnome-core 1.0.5, and it works
at least for me. (I have only tried it on my Debian
system, please let me now of your success or failure.)
I think that I have figured out a way, to get the
bookmarks to come off of the main menu, without the
modification of menu.c, and menu.h, by using an
applett. (It wouldn't have quite the same effect
though.)

--- bob@kehs.ksd.org wrote:
> I would like a copy...
[snip]
> On Sun, 25 Apr 1999, Andrew McCall wrote:
> > However, this patch will implement a
> > netscape submenu, inside the foot or main menu.
> > One could simply look at the properties of the
main
> > menu, and find under that "netscape bookmarks(if
> > found)", and click the "in a submenu"
> > radio button, to have them
> > appear under your main menu.
[snip]