Re: mounting/unmounting devices for newbies

autofs is working pretty good in this category for me.  It doesn't detect disk
changes though.  Anyone remember how Amiga did this?  I recall the Amiga using a
regular PC floppy, but it would detect the presence of a disk.  I also recall the
drive clicking every few seconds to test it.  But I also remember there being a
patch or utility that would allow you to get rid of the annoying click while
keeping disk change detection.  I assume it still accessed the drive but managed
to do it differently somehow.  I posted a question along these line to
comp.sys.amiga.hardware.  Maybe that will turn something up.

Ryan