Re: mounting/unmounting devices for newbies

Again, I don't understand what's going on at the kernel level, but it
seems like the real problem is the computer insisting on unmounting the
disk. <ignorant> I'd think automounting the disk whenever it is accessed
wouldn't be that hard, but when I swap disks and try to access
the disk again, linux gets all p'd off. Then I can't unmount
the disk withought putting the first disk in... seems like it'd
be good if you could just say "no, I don't care that you don't see it,
unmount it, damn it!" This way a request to the floppy drive would be
something like this: If I still have the same disk mounted, good. If I
have a new disk, mount it. If the disk change while I wasn't
looking, forcably unmount the disk (see above) and mount this one. If
there's no valid disk in the drive, tell the user. </ignorant>

--ben