Re: mounting/unmounting devices for newbies

I agree.  I was just thinking of this.  Unfortunately autofs doesn't even support
this on cdroms yet, that alone anything else.  I've actually considered making
this a project for myself this summer.  Don't hold your breath though, I've never
hacked the kernel before.  Anyone more qualified than me want to tackle this one.

Unfortunately I don't think there's a lot of hope for the standard floppy drive,
other than maybe using a 1 sec. auto dismount with automounter.

Oh, and after we get this working we need to add setting up autofs/automounter to
the configuration/installation utilities, so newbies don't have to hack the config
files.

Ryan