Re: Gnumeric: compilation error

On 28 Apr 1999, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > long story: I compiled and installed bonobo without problems,
> > sample-server works. The problems are in generated files
> > Gnumeric-stubs and Gnumeric-skels.
>
> probably you need to rerun orbit-idl on those files?

The problem is in gnome-libs/libgnorba/Table.h
(installed as include/libgnorba/Table.h). This is
generated by orbit-idl from gnome-libs/idl/Table.idl.

The version of orbit-idl as compiled from the latest
CVS source of ORBit generates Table.h without the
declarations of _ORBIT_GNOME_Table_OutOfRange_marshal
and _ORBIT_GNOME_Table_OutOfRange_demarshal which
are required by Gnumeric-skels.c

The version of orbit-idl compiled from ORBit-0.4.3.tar.gz
does generate the required declarations in Table.h.

Obviously something has changed in orbit-idl.

Norman