Re: IBM just announced speech recognition: was (Re: gnome and handicapped access..)

On 26 Apr 1999 12:35:16 -0400, Ryan Leduc <leduc@control.toronto.edu> wrote:
>Check out:  http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/990426/ny_ibm_1.html
>
>IBM's viaVoice  speech recognition technology is available for the Linux
>operating environment.  You'll be able to get it from redhat..
>
>I think a nice plugin API might be nice..

Even nicer would be an implementation without license chains. Are any list
readers aware of the state of the art in voice recognition?

-- Elliot
"We're sorry, we didn't know it was supposed to be invisible."
	- Sign carried outside US embassy.