Re: Please help - It will only take a minute!

Hi Hamish
I can understand your frustration. I to have struggled to learn the ins
and outs of 'nix operating systems. And I have a long way to go before I
would even begin to call myself an advanced user.

Things around Linux are changing at a fast clip with many new users
coming on board everyday, but there are some traditions in the hacker
culture that I hope will never change. One of those is "RTFM" (Read the
F***en Manual) then ask questions. Sure some of us don't have the funds
to go out and by half-a-dozen books, you apparently have net access. The
amount of information available on line for Linux is mind boggling some
of it easy to to find other things rather hidden. But your email about
class paths for Netscape shows you have not even tried to help yourself.
Class path info is all over the place.
I have seen two replies come across this mail group with answers that
should help.
But you must learn to help yourself some. Look for howto's look for tip
pages look at the instructions provided. Then when you find the
instructions fucked up asked the people who maintain or study in that
area.

Try this it will not get you right there on your question about Netscape
it will help you learn about paths I checked if you try its just a few
clicks away.
http://www.google.com/linux
search: path howto

Have Fun Eat More Toast