Re: Starting gnome

On Sun, 25 Apr 1999 12:48:16 -0400, you wrote:

>Sorry guys, I hate top ask this....but
>I have d/led the latest rpms and installed them on RH5.2
>How do I start gnome?
>I usually edit my /home/me/.xinitrc
>to call whatever at the end
>But what do I call for gnome?
>Thanks for your patience, I have searched the gnome site:-)
>Phil

The new instructions on gnome.org do not say where to find the file to
be edited:

/etc/X11/xinit/Xclients

#!/bin/bash
	exec gnome-session
##

Then I just do a "startx" on the command line.

I'm VERY impressed with Gnome. I spent a couple of days emailing,
surfing and exploring and trying out the great stuff. I really like
GnoRPM and am getting the "feel" of the system very rapidly. I will be
making a complete move to Linux as soon as I can get the RH6.0 c/w
manual. I'm feeling much more confident with each passing day.