Re: GdkWindow error causes X to crash...

Are you sure that X crashed, or just exited?  If the last program run from
your X initialisation script dies (either exits normally, or crashes), X
will exit (not crash).  I think this is what is happening for a lot of
people who say "X crashed when I ran GNOME".

Are you using gnome-session?  If so, it may be a gnome-session bug.  If
you are not using gnome-session, and run panel as the last command in your
startup script, then it may be a panel bug that is causing X to exit.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/