Re: Netscape and Gnome

+++ Thu, Apr 22, 1999 at 09:21:55AM -0400 +++
Steve Homer e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> Are there any plans to fix this at any stage, I assume the large memory
> usage is unnecessary. I have the luxury of 196mb, but the idea that the
> small tight Linux system is being diluted with Microsoft techniques is
> unpleasant.
>
> Please don't get me wrong I think Gnome is fantastic!
>
> Steve.

I run Gnome on an AMD K6/2 at 400 MHz, with 64 MB of RAM. I don't know
how it could be snappier. Perhaps it's not just a memory issue?

mawa
--
Unix drives the net, why can't it drive a personal computer.
                                                        -- Tony Austin