Re: Some Questions

> > I've just started using Gnome, and I have the following question:
> >
> > Is there a way I can get the `Create Launcher Applet' to use
> > my shell?  Basically, I'd like to launch applications with
> > my usual environment variable settings (like the path,
> > MAIL/MAILDROP, etc.) which are set in my ~/.cshrc file (I use
> > `tcsh' as my SHELL).
>

> If it's a shell application and not an X application you can do:
> xterm -ls -e application

I think I found another solution.  `gdm' runs this:

    `bash -login /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/Default'

When `bash' is run as a login shell, it sources these files (from the
bash man-page):

  |      if /etc/profile exists, source it.
  |
  |      if ~/.bash_profile exists, source it,
  |        else if ~/.bash_login exists, source it,
  |          else if ~/.profile exists, source it.

So, I just added the environment variables to a ~/.bash_profile file.
Next time I log in I'll get these settings.

            -Fred