Fixing gnome-session

I've been playing with gnome-session to try an make it handle remote
clients properly (or at least stop trying to run them locally). I
tried calling SmsClientHostName() on the connection in new_client, but
it always returns the local host. Possibly, this is because the ICE
connection is being relayed by the X server, in spite of what the SM
protocol doc says.

So, am I missing something? Is this a bug in XFree86? Is the SM
protocol fatally flawed?

I would think that for a protocol whose goal is to be able to restart
you desktop exactly as it was, the host the client was running on
would be important enough to have it's own property!
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill@AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571