Re: Gnome on FreeBSD??? No Luck!!!

This may be a stupid question, but do you have libpng (version != 1.0.2)
installed on your system?  Also, imlib really needs shared library
dependencies to work correctly.  Do you know if the libimlib-png.so.0 has
the correct dependencies built in (on linux, you can test this by running
ldd on it -- it may be different on freebsd systems (I know that ldd
didn't work on libraries on my libc5 system)).

If the correct dependencies are not in the libraries, you may need to
relink them.  Probably the best way to do this is to try the very latest
libtool package (copy ltmain.sh and ltconfig to the imlib directory and
try building imlib again).

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au