Re: Drive Mount Applet only works as root?

Well stated. Perhaps the remedy lies at the distribution
level - the Red Hat installation software, for example, could give installers
the option to make disk drives accessible to users, and would install an fstab
with the user option enabled for drives...

--Bryan