Gnome/Enlightment question

Dear Gnome-List,

I installed gnome and enlightment (both 1.0.x) on my PC running the Debian distribution. Now I see, that several functions, like the menus, are available both from Gnome and Enlightment. Why? Probably this is a rather stupid question, but don't blame me. I'm just wondering whether these doubled features will take resources. Why is here not a single manager which does all, or two managers which clearly divide their duties?

Thanks for answering,

M. Wollgarten

p.s.: Is there an easy way to move the menus from icewm to the Gnome/Enlightment menus?

Dr. Markus WOLLGARTEN
Institut fuer Angewandte Physik
ETH Hoenggerberg
CH-8093 Zuerich