Re: no gnome file manager?

I hate to suggest the obvious, but did you try 'File Manager' from the
GNOMe menu?  Also, did you try 'gmc' from a terminal?  Let me know.
Tim

raywingler wrote:

> I recently did a full install of gnome with latest RPMS from the gnome
> ftp site.
> Got it working pretty easily after figuring out the installation order
> for the RPMs.
> Then while Iam reading the manual I find that there is this great
> looking file manager. Huh? I don't have it. I can bring up console
> version of MC but not the gnome shell version, there is no sign of that
> anywhere. What am I doing wrong?
> TIA,
> Sev
>
> --
begin:vcard
n:Lewis;Timothy
tel;work:760-761-4673
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.timelinevista.com
org:Timeline Vista, Inc.;Operations
adr:;;1755 La Costa Meadows Dr., Suite "B";San Marcos;CA;92069;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:tlewis@digaudio.com
title:Manufacturing Quality Engineer
fn:Timothy Lewis