Re: Gnome on Solaris?

> From: Carsten Schultz <cschultz@math.fu-berlin.de>

> has anyone succeeded in installing GNOME on Solaris?  The core stuff works
> more or less fine for me, but gmc only gives me a segmentation fault and
> balsa aborts (strangely enough _not_ when I have X and the window manager
> (wmaker) running on a LINUX machine).

Hi,

Actually, a lot of us have Gnome, Enlightenment, GMC and Balsa running on
Solaris 2.6 through 8_alpha with good results.

Can you send in a backtrace or truss of the crashes?

Ta,

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'  "That weenie's avoiding me!" - Scott McNealy about i.am/BillZebub