Re: Localization doesn't work

Tomas Ogren wrote:

> It's a tricky one.. On solaris I have so far run configure, edited
> config.cache to tell it that gettext was not found in libc, but to link
> with libintl instead... It's a gross hack, I know.. but what can we do?

Check for libintl.a in the logical places, such as $prefix/lib and
whatever $LDFLAGS specify. Then use some check to verify that it really
is GNU libintl.a.

Then add it to the list of libraries when linking. You don't want to use
GNU libintl.so, because that would probably make things even worse.

If it wasn't GNU libintl.a, don't do a thing.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.