Re: Writing a GNOME mail client.

In message <Pine.LNX.4.10.9904191852090.13151-100000@pryde.2053.net>,
Johannes Maybaum <gjm@pryde.2053.net> writes
>On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Tevesz Tamas wrote:
>
>>  > A couple of other points about what an ideal mail system would do:
>>
>[stuff about reading mail using only the keyboard deleted]
>
>> in case i'm the only one with this request, forget it:)
>
>no PLEASE do not forget it !!!
>
>you are for sure _NOT_ the only one there is at least me and i know many
>people who would appreciate this too.

And while of the subject of accessibility, could we have a terminal app
which has practically no deps to take an existing 'Gnome mail app thingy
with no name yet' mailbox(es) and convert them into a format readable by
standard terminal MUAs such as pine and emacs/whatever. This for people
who need to send or receive something (support!) when they can't access
X or can't get the new mail app to run anymore.

Such a thing in my view is crucial. Just say a newbie (like me) had GTK
break and they couldn't access the mail app to ask for support and
hadn't got a clue what to do.
--
James Green