Re: Writing a GNOME mail client.

bob@kehs.ksd.org wrote:

> Exchange has the ability to export to both imap and pop. Lets not
> implament mapi suport and just use open standards like imap and pop...
> exchange will be useable if it is configured to be open and standard

Companies that usually offer RAS for windows will offer the IMAP and POP for exchange server.  If there is no Dial up access, and especially if you cannot access your companies mail server over the internet, the
connectors / protocols for POP and IMAP will probably not be installed / enabled.  If that is the case, I doubt a sysadmin for a large company will install these services for just one or two people.
Also, the bit I am concerned about is scheduling / address book  related, but that part can probably wait ;)

Phil

Philip Trickett, Electronic Systems Manager     philipt@informatic.ie
Marine Informatics, 64 Harcourt Street, Dublin 2. Republic of Ireland
Tel:+353-1-475-2924 Fax:+353-1-475-2952 http://www.informatic.ie/marine/