Gnome (or GMC) request -- followup

** I posted the message below a day or two ago and want to add this: **

I've since noticed (now that I'm paying more attention !) that many, if
not all, gnome dialog boxes have "Cancel" as the default button, instead
of "OK".

If you right-click a file in gmc and select "Properties", "Cancel" is
the default. In this case, I don't think OK or Cancel is very important,
unless you make a change from this dialog. "Copy" and "Move" appear to
use the same dialog box (is this similar to comdialg.dll in Windows?).
Again, "Cancel" is the default.

Also, with "Copy" for instance, if I right-click, select "Copy", the
dialog opens. I then have to click the mouse pointer in the text box,
type the new name, then hit "Tab" FIVE times to reach "OK" (or FOUR
times if I use Shift-Tab). This is something that bugs me with all
"Windows" programs, whether Windows 95/NT, Gnome, etc. Once I take my
hand off the mouse, I want to be able to do as much as possible with the
keyboard. I **hate** moving my hand back and forth between the keyboard
and mouse... Then again, maybe my tendinitis accounts for most of that
dislike, but, you know...

A solution? I hate comparing things to Windows (doing so has a tendency
to start a flaming thread here... ;-( ), but I do like the method it
uses. With the copy command, the text entry would be highlighted. You
can begin typing the new destination and it will replace what was
originally in the text box. Or, if you want to use most of the existing
path, hit the "End" key on your keyboard and add the rest of the path.

Does anyone agree with me ? Have different or better ideas ?

Regards,
Hall Stevenson