Re: No Window Buttons

Hi,

Well...I've had the same sort of problems. It sounds like gnome-session
is unable to start a window manager.

What has worked for me is to start gnome, and then after it is up (with
no window manager of course), look on the panel for what looks like a
multicolored rectangle tilted slightly to the left....this is the
control panel...click on it. When the control panel pops up, choose
"Window Manager" and then look to see if it lists your window manager.
If it does, select it and click "ok", and it should then start your
window manager. If you then log out and back in...your window manager
should be automatically started with gnome.

Good luck!