scroll bars for panel and gnome-pager

Has anyone noticed that the "window icons" in the pager get smaller and
smaller the more windows you open..

Pretty soon you can't read anything and can't tell which window is
which..

I was thinking it might be better to have a maximum number to display,
and then, when this number is exceeded, add some sort of scroll bar, or
way to page thorugh the icons..  I think that would be more legible..

Also, since only part of the window label is displayed, it would be nice
if, when the mouse is over the window icon, the full title is displayed
(like when the mouse is over a command launcher..  Seein the full title
is useful when you have many netscape windows open, and your trying to
find the one with a specific web page loaded etc..

This paging would also be useful for things on the panel..  Say you have
your panel full.. and you add a new item..  The old item shifts off the
side, and is unaccessible..  A better result, would be to switch to
scroll abrs, or pager buttons..   this can be annoying if, say you have
your pager set to not shrink and grow..  You then open up several
windows, the last item is pushed off the side, but that's the item you
need top call up now that you've opened these windows..

Ryan

         Ryan Leduc         |    leduc@control.toronto.edu

   University of Toronto    |   'Any mans death diminishes me,
                            |    because I am involved in Mankind;
   Dept of Electrical and   |    And therefore never send to know
    Computer Engineering    |    for whom the bell tolls;
   Systems  Control Group   |
                            |    It tolls for thee.'

    Toronto, Ont, Canada    |         John Donne