Re: Executing files on vfs [was Re: graphical ssh based file browser.. (a gmc addition ?)]

> > Well, it might be a neat feature to implement and it is not terribly
> > hard to do.
>
> See prev mail, mc_setctl(..., MCCTL_RUN, ...) might be acceptable, see
> MCCTL_EXTFS_RUN. Anyway, it is not easy.
>
> What are you going to do with stdin, stdout, stderr? Fish protocol
> needs that ssh connection for itself, and working only for X apps
> seems ugly to me. Also, what do you use as cwd for remote programs?

How about giving an option to either run in gnome-terminal, or to start as
a full fledged x-app..

Ryan

> --
> I'm really pavel@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz. 	   Pavel
> Look at http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/ ;-).

         Ryan Leduc         |    leduc@control.toronto.edu

   University of Toronto    |   'Any mans death diminishes me,
                            |    because I am involved in Mankind;
   Dept of Electrical and   |    And therefore never send to know
    Computer Engineering    |    for whom the bell tolls;
   Systems  Control Group   |
                            |    It tolls for thee.'

    Toronto, Ont, Canada    |         John Donne