Re: mc 4.5.30 crashes X session

> > causes my whole X session to crash.  Since I couldn't run gdb in a window
>
> Repeat after me:
>
> If your X server crashes, it is a bug in the X server.
> If your X server crashes, it is a bug in the X server.
> If your X server crashes, it is a bug in the X server.
>

> X servers aren't ever supposed to crash; regard them as you would
> the operating system.

Errr...I disagree.  When he said his X-session crashed, he meant
"gnome-session" crashed (I'm assuming...)

When gnome-session dies, X gets killed (depending how you started X).

Hence, his session crashed - NOT his server.  I think this is important for
people to know, because I've found gnome-session to be quite unstable (and
hard to reproduce bugs) - so we need bug reports going to the right place.

Andrew Clausen