Re: mc 4.5.30 crashes X session

> X servers aren't ever supposed to crash; regard them as you would
> the operating system.

Okay, so now we find something in gmc that is causing X to crash.  The
question still stands as to what is gmc is doing that revealed a bug in
the X server.

> All your stack trace is showing is that the server crashed:
> that is what XIOError is telling you (as if you didn't know,
> by the fact that your whole session went down in flames).

Right, but being neither a GNOME programmer or a person familiar with the
X server internals, I wouldn't know that.  From my point of view, a GNOME
app crashed the X server, so I'll ask here.  GMC didn't crash the X server
before, it's doing it now.

I'll send something to the Xfree86 people, but I still sort of need to
know what gmc at the time to make X crash.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/