Questions about latest RPMs

RH 5.2 used here. The latest RPMs have been great help (compared with
making my own, which I did before) but several points remain:

1) Now gnome-admin and gnome-network have problems. Gnome-admin compiles
OK, but then gulp chokes. Gnome-nrtwork can't be compiled: there is an
error in gmailman (sorry, I have lost the specifics somewhere). I guess
this is confirmed by the fact that neither package is available with the
other RPMs?

2) esound, for me at least, has never worked fully as advertised. Is there
a fully esound-compatible streaming audio application available, so as to
shed my depndence on realaudio?

Thank you much,

--
Pierluigi Miraglia pierlu AT iname.com pmiragli AT kent.edu

The soul has a self-increasing logos (Herakl.)