Re: problems with session management

Szokovacs Robert <szo@appaloosacorp.hu> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I'm writing a gnome-avare little game and I just encountered a rather
> strange problem: when I start gnome-session then i start my program, then
> i quit my program, the whole session quits as well. My code is at
> ftp://gimp.rulez.org/pub/gimp/glines/unstable/
>
> Have any of you encountered similar problem? What is the solution?

Most likely your program is somehow causing the session
manager to segfault. I can't reproduce it (using the
session manager from the Red Hat 1.0.4 gnome-core package -
which is slightly different from the one in stock 1.0.5.)

Can you attach to the session manager with GDB and get
a backtrace of where it is crashing?

Thanks,
                                        Owen