Re: How do I make my backspace and delete key work

> Sorry for sending this again, but it's bugging me, and I've got no
> reply.  How do I make my backspace and delete keys work as they
> should?

This is probably the single most annoying thing about Unix when
you switch from DOS/Windoze.

This is incredibly difficult to address - each program may decide
to handle it differently.  X programs are usually fixed by adding
the following to your .xsession and/or .xinitrc:

/usr/X11/bin/xmodmap -e "keycode 22 = BackSpace" &
/usr/X11/bin/xmodmap -e "keycode 107 = Delete" &

For programs that run in xterms, you will need to take additional
steps.  Emacs is particularly annoying.  I have just learned to deal
with it.

Mark