Re: pppd daemon dies unexpectedly

Hey Reed,

You probably haven't setup your PPP secrets files. 'man pppd' should
provide all the information, but here's a quick run-through of what you
should do to get GNOME's PPP interface working with pppd.

Edit /etc/ppp/pap-secrets or chap-secrets (read the man pages for more
information on those). My chap-secrets file is empty, but my pap-secrets
file has one line for my ISP in it:

Pbratsche     dfw.net   <password>

Just add a similar line so it contains your login name, server name, and
your password. I believe you should be all set after that.

Cody Russell