From: Reed
Subject: pppd daemon dies unexpectedly

Hi,

I'm new to the list and I'm having some trouble with gnome-pppd. I'm running
RH5.2, gnome 1.0 and enlightenment. I used ntcfg as root to configure my ppp
account and I can connect fine as root. When I log in with a normal user
account and startx I tried configuring the ppp dialup utility in gnome and
it connects fine but will only stay connected for a minute. Then I get an
error that says the pppd daemon died unexpectedly. I've changed the
ownership of the ppp0 file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts using chmod
u+s. I've also edited that same file so that ppp will start at boot. Could
someone point me in the right direction as to what the roblem may be?