Re: File selection dialogs and hidden files

In message <AD2701C12BABD211B9710060974835A8A3C9@ercex02.bhi-erc.com>, "Fox, Ke
vin M" writes:
+-----
| there does need to be a place to configure the ability to viewing of .files,
| but it should be defaulted to off... The reason they are dot files is to
| hide them... what good is showing hidden files by default  :)
+--->8

I'm hiding them from "ls" listings:  I prefer that "permanent" stuff not
stand out.

Speaking of which, can I change that blasted "desktop" directory to
".desktop"?

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu