User questions

Hello,

I installed the latest set of GNOME RPM packages from one of the GNOME
mirrors, but I'm having a couple problems that I need some help with.
Both have to do with fonts.

First, it doesn't look like the textboxes in Font Selector get wiped
before a new string is printed in them.  I'm speaking of the boxes
labeled Font, Font Style and Size.  After clicking through 5 or 10
fonts, the boxes are pretty much blackened and impossible to read.

Second, how does one use the Font Selector to drag fonts to various
desktop items?  Say I've selected a font that I'd like to use for
desktop icon labels.  What do I need to do to update the font used?  I
tried dragging from various parts of the Font Selector, but nothing
seems to "take".  Is this even possible?  It'd certainly be extremely
helpful!

Finally, a big congratulations to the GNOME team for the latest set of
RPMs.  These are what 1.0 should have been -- usable, stable, and
beautiful.  Thanks!

--
Steve Philp
sphilp@ameritech.net